Classes/Tutorials

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Holiday Stocking Gift Card Holder


Another project I put together during my stamping marathon last weekend. I was inspired by some stockings I saw at my girlfriend Selene's house. The die is the perfect size to hold a gift card so will be great for the holidays. It will most likely replace the gift card purse as the most popular item at my holiday craft fairs.

Just like the stocking I showed the other day I cut two pieces of the stocking, cuff, heel and toe. Then I adhered back to back by running Sticky Strip along the outside edge of the stocking. I also embossed my Whisper White cuff, heel and toe with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder. 
Holiday Stocking Bigz L Die - by Stampin' Up!

Lots of fun items from the Holiday Mini catalog for this project - Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper, Mini jingle bells (they really jingle), and Winter Wishes stitched felt pieces. The mini jingle bells are a huge value at $2.95 for 48 bells. I added the holly stitched felt piece with a few glue dots. To get the jingle bells on the Cherry Cobbler baker's twine I used a sewing needle threader and it worked perfectly. 

I can't wait to make a bunch of these stockings for decorations in my cubicle at work and at home over the fireplace. 

You can purchase all the items to make these stockings in my Online Store.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Stamps: None
Ink: None
Paper: Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper & Whisper White cardstock
Other: Big Shot, Holiday Stocking Bigz die, Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder, Winter Wishes stitched felt, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine, Mini jingle bells, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Sticky strip, glue dots

No comments:

Post a Comment