Classes/Tutorials

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Season's Greetings Snowflake Card


Here is another card using the felt pieces from the Holiday Mini catalog from Stampin' Up! I CASE'd (Copy and Share Everything) from Andrea Walford and I just changed the stamp set and snowflake. I just fell in love with her card when I got her newsletter for the 12 weeks of Christmas week 1 back in September.

The color combination is Crumb Cake for the base, Not Quite Navy for the second layer and Baja Breeze and Whisper White for the top layer. Stampin' Up! has a wonderful tool called the Color Coach that helps you figure out color combinations. Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy are dynamic duos so meaning they complement each other in monochromatic colors. For the Baja Breeze layer I ran this through my Snow Burst embossing folder then I sponged on some Whisper White craft ink to make it pop.

I tied some Baja Breeze seam binding across the white and baja layers to cover up the seams. Then I tied a bow with Lee's Conrey's awesome bow maker. Lee is another Stampin' Up! demonstrator and her bow maker makes it so easy for me to make super bows. 

For the snowflake I just punched a hole through one end with my Cropadile then I ran some White baker's twine through and knotted it around my ribbon. Here is a tip - if you don't already have a needle threader or dental floss threader invest in one to keep next to your baker's twine! The snowflake is not glued down so it just hangs there and looks adorable.

You can find all the items to make this card in my Online Store.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Stamps: Curly Cute
Ink: Not Quite Navy marker
Paper: Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze & Whisper White cardstock
Other: Big Shot, Snow Burst embossing folder, Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon, White baker's twine, Winter Wishes stitched felt, Cropadile, Sponge dauber, Whisper White craft ink

No comments:

Post a Comment