Classes/Tutorials

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sparkly Ornament Decoration


I was reading Kimberly Van Diepen's blog a few weeks ago and she posted some gorgeous vintage ornament decorations she had made. This is my take on her idea not quite as vintage, but just as beautiful. Sorry the picture is a little dark. 

So what happened? Christmas is now only 2 months away and we are starting to see snow in our forecast! Yikes every year it just creeps up on you. These decorations would be cute to hang on a tree or attach to a gift. I will be making some to decorate my cubicle at my 9-5 day job too.

The base is a scallop square cut out with my Big Shot and the Scallop Square Duo die. The paper I used for the base is the Silver glimmer paper so sparkly and pretty! Then this is where it gets fun. I broke out my hot glue gun to attach my ribbon and my lolly/medallion/rosette/yoyo. I told hubby watch out you know it is serious crafting when the glue gun comes out!

The lolly/medallion/rosette/yoyo is created using my Simply Scored scoring tool and some Designer Series Paper measured 1 1/4 x 12. I used Frostwood Lodge DSP. You score the DSP every 1/4 inch then accordion fold it all the way to the end. You secure the two ends together with a little strip of Sticky Strip. Then what I found works best is to put the piece into a empty brad/button container to get the round shape. You then pick it up and flatten it out and adhere it flat to your project. It is really easier then it sounds. Between all your layers you can adhere a circle punch to keep everything nice and secure.

For my topper I added a stamped ornament that I punched out with the ornament punch. I added some bling with some rhinestones and tied a piece of Cherry Cobbler baker's twine around the top. Can you also see that I added some mini jingle bells to the bottom of the twine? Again - use your needle threader to get those jingle bells on there.

I will be showing you another ornament decoration I made later this week.

You can purchase all the items I used to make this project in my Online Store.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Stamps: Tags til Christmas
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper, Silver glimmer paper, Whisper White cardstock
Other: Big Shot, Scallop Square duo die, Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, Simply Scored scoring tool, Ornament punch, Basic Rhinestones jewel accents, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine, Mini jingle bells, 1 1/4 circle punch, Hot glue gun (non-SU)

No comments:

Post a Comment