Classes/Tutorials

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12 Days of Christmas: Day 3


Gift Card Holders are always a popular item at craft fairs for me. This year I used the Holiday Stocking Die for the Big Shot to make gift card holders with the Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper and the Winter Wishes stitched felt embellishments.

These are a great size to also hold pencils, candy canes, stick candy or pixie sticks. To make the stocking nice and sturdy I cut two pieces in the coordinating cardstock color and then adhered a piece of Designer Series Paper to only the front. I embossed my cuff, heel and toes with embossing folders and the Big Shot.

I did use sticky strip to attach my cuffs, but otherwise I used green glue on these projects. The trick with green glue is you only need to use a little bit and it will go a long way! When I say green glue I mean the Multipurpose Liquid glue that comes in a green & white little bottle.

To add the ribbon hanger I just punched a hole with my Cropadile and threaded a some ribbon through then tied in a knot. The felt embellishments are adhered with glue dots.

I will be taking some of these to work with me to dress up my cubicle a little bit. You can also hang this from a tree as an ornament.

You can find all the items to make this project in my Online Store.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Stamps: None
Ink: None
Paper: Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper, Marina Mist, Garden Green & Cherry Cobbler cardstock
Other: Big Shot, Holiday Stocking Bigz die, Petals a Plenty embossing folder, Snow Burst embossing folder, Whisper White 3/8 taffeta ribbon, Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, Winter Wishes stitched felt, Sticky strip, Glue dots, Cropadile

No comments:

Post a Comment