Tuesday, December 7, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Ideas # 6


The tree is finally up so I thought I would share an ornament I am making for Christmas gifts. The idea for this came from my upline Selene Kempton's newsletter.

I was able to pickup some clear plastic ornaments at a local big box craft store. Not sure if you can tell, but the ornament is relatively flat.

I made some of these up a few years ago, but of course had to make some this year with the beautiful Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper. This is a great project to do while watching TV. I rolled the paper strips up using my paper piercer as a guide. Tossed them in the ornament and added a bow out of Old Olive Taffeta ribbon.

Supplies used:
Paper: Jolly Holiday DSP - 36 strips cut at 1/2" x 6"
Other: Old Olive taffeta ribbon, paper piercer, clear ornament from local craft store

10 comments:

  1. I love this paper. Is it by Stampin Up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but it retired earlier this year. Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper. Papers in our big idea book & catalog are only current for 1 year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy do I feel dumb. I just realized this blog entry is dated 2010, not 2011. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. It's so simple yet really creative and very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you keep the little rolls rolled up? I can't seem to make them stay rolled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question.

      Delete
    2. Roll the paper strips up and use a paper clip to hold them together. Let set for a while and then take out paper clip and they will set the size you need.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Another good question!

      Delete
    2. It is a sharp pointed tool used for piercing tiny holes into your cardstock.

      Delete