Classes/Tutorials

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stampin' Up! Regional in Hartford!

What an amazing day yesterday! I am still recovering from waking up at 5am, but it was so worth it! I traveled to Hartford, CT with 10 other Stampin' Up! demos from my area to attend the Hartford, CT Regional event. Boy did it ever knock my socks off since it was my first official corporate event.

There is so much to mention that I will try to recap some tonight and some tomorrow. The picture above is one of my swaps I brought along. I made 12 of these and can you guess what is inside? That's right - a mini bag 100 calorie pack Kettle Corn popcorn. Yum! Hopefully you were one of the lucky ones to go home with this cutie.

I have seen a few ideas out there for popcorn holders and just winged it with mine. I finished these on Friday night so I was leaving it a little to the last minute. LOL! Even though the bags I bought were 'mini bags' the size was the same as a full bag. I did want to add some embossing with my Big Shot and embossing folder so I found a way to make it work. I used Rich Razzleberry and Elegant Eggplant as my base cardstock layer cut to 5.5" x 9". Then I scored it at 2 1/4" and 6.5". I had to keep the base layer 5.5" so it would fit in my embossing folder. I ended up laying the cardstock flat and opening up my folder and laying the middle portion into the folder and it fit perfect. Once embossed I wrapped the cardstock around the popcorn and added the ribbon around the front portion. I used sticky strip to adhere the back to keep it sealed shut nicely. It is a bit hard to see, but I added one little bling rhinestone on the stamped tag.

I so much enjoyed the presentations from home office staff, the wow presentations from other demos, stamping (we had 5 beautiful Make & Take projects), swapping with other demos and just getting revived and invigorated about Stampin' Up! I really hope we have another regional in the New England area next year especially if airfare prices keep going up meaning I can't afford to travel to Utah for Convention.

Let me know if you are interested in learning more about Regionals.

Supplies:
Stamps: Elements of Style
Ink: Rich Razzleberry & Elegant Eggplant markers
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White cardstock
Other: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Sticky strip, Whisper White 5/8" organza ribbon, linen thread, Scallop circle punch, 1 3/8 & 1 1/4 circle punches, Basic Rhinestone jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment