Classes/Tutorials

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fun Flowers Bookmark


This was my swap for Tuesday's team meeting. I made everyone attending a Fun Flowers bookmark in the new Stampin' Up! color Calypso Coral to match the cover of their catalog. I am in love with this color it so fun and summery.

A few months ago when the Fun Flowers die first came out I was seeing these bookmarks all over the place so I thought it was time to make some. A half of sheet of 8.5" x 11" cardstock is perfect for this project as it covers the Fun Flowers die completely. Run this through your Big Shot and it cuts out three nesting flowers, a small circle and a tiny flower shape. I used all these pieces plus a few additional punches.
Fun Flowers Bigz L Die - by Stampin' Up!
Then comes the fun part I ran each flower through the Crimper about 20 times as this breaks down the fibers in the cardstock and then I crumpled each one up in a ball then flattened out again. I then sponged the same color ink around the edges and got to work adhering. Stampin' Dimensionals are perfect for this project. I punched two additional circles 1 1/4" and 1 3/4" out of the scrap. When layering together use the tiny circle from the die for the back of the smallest flower and the larger circles for the other flowers. The circles in between the flowers gives stability and a great 3D look to the bookmark. 

I stamped my sentiment handcrafted from the Tiny Tags stamp set. I then punched that out with the coordinating jewelry tag punch. You can adhere that with glue dots then finished off the front with a large pearl rhinestone. For ribbon I used Very Vanilla seam binding and that piece measures 15" long.

All the supplies for this card can be purchased in my Online Store.

Supplies:
Stamps: Tiny Tags
Ink: Calypso Coral
Paper: Calypso Coral & Very Vanilla cardstock
Other: Big Shot, Fun Flowers die, Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon, Basic Pearls Jewel accents, Jewelry tag punch, 1 1/4 circle punch, 1 3/4 circle punch

Happy Stampin,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment