Classes/Tutorials

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pretty Postage Swap Card

Here is my swap card for our Rubbahstampahs team meeting last month. I had a lot of fun creating this card. The theme was celebrations in my honor of eloping a few months ago. I had it in my head that I really wanted to use the 24/7 heart stamp from Pretty Postage. I remember seeing a few blogs that inspired me for the card.

This card at Connie Babbert's blog is how I ended up with the overall sketch or design of my card. I did change all the colors, stamp, etc. Also, Kerin Sylvester shared this technique on the Stamping411 blog and I was hooked right away. The technique is stamping with black stazon on watercolor paper then coloring in using a marker & blender pen. I know I will be using this a lot!

This card was a little over the top for a swap since it was a lot of steps. 4 punches & lots of Big Shot cutting & embossing. But I am thrilled with the outcome so it was worth it for my teammates! Since I made the card into an Anniversary card I went with a nice traditional black and white combination. For me the little details really stand out like the dots embossing which follow the dotted background in the stamp.

Supplies:
Stamps: Pretty Postage, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Black stazon, Melon Mambo marker
Paper: Whisper White & Basic Black cardstock, Watercolor paper
Other: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Scallop Squares duo die, 5/8" Basic Black satin ribbon, White baker's twine, Postage stamp punch, 1 3/8" square punch, word window punch, modern label punch, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, blender pen

Happy Stampin',
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment