Classes/Tutorials

Friday, August 26, 2011

Is It Too Early For Christmas Cards?

No is the answer you will get from thousands of Stampin' Up! demonstrators across the U.S. and Canada. Next week on 9/1 we launch our Holiday Mini catalog so we are all ordering new holiday products and planning fall classes.

This card is my swap card from Tuesday night's Rubbahstampahs team meeting. Our swap theme was Holiday Mini catalog or Christmas. Oh boy my head is still spinning with all the great ideas I have after the meeting. I based my card on last week's Stamping411 sketch. This is definitely a sketch I can see myself using over and over.



I ended up with my ribbon up and down inside of across so I wouldn't cover up so much of my embossed snowflakes. This card is very clean and simple and one that can be reproduced often by changing out stamps and colors. 

I adhered my Marina Mist embossed layer to my Bashful Blue layer did you know that these colors are Dynamic Duos? I love having my Color Coach handy when I am stamping to see what colors complement each other. The ribbon is the lovely seam binding in Cherry Cobbler. I tied the bow with Lee Conrey's bow maker and then cut off the tails and adhered with glue dots. I added two rhinestone jewels to the largest snowflakes. I am going to try to recreate this card using the new dazzling details glitter instead of the jewels to see how that comes out.

Supplies:
Stamps: Contempo Christmas
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue
Other: Big Shot, Northern Flurry embossing folder, Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, Basic Rhinestones Jewel accents, glue dots, Decorative Label punch, sponge

Happy Stampin',
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment