Classes/Tutorials

Monday, August 22, 2011

Domestic Goddess meets Pennant Punch


Here is a picture of my swap card from my up-upline Katherine's team meeting last week. I call it Domestic Goddess Designer Series Paper meets the Pennant Punch. It is a fun birthday card for a summer birthday. I made 12 of these last Monday for our swap and it was so nice to sit at my desk and stamp for hours. It helped that it rained the whole entire day.

I started by punching out my Designer Series Paper and coordinating cardstock colors using the Petite Pennants Builder Punch. Then I adhered the DSP to the cardstock and starting forming my pennant banner. I poked wholes in the corners of the pennants with my paper piercer and this is where it got interesting. I wanted to use the baker's twine to thread my banner, but the twine is it a little too thick. I discovered a great tip when I worked on my favors that you can separate the baker's twine into four pieces if you are careful as you pull it apart. It then becomes like the consistency of embroidery floss. There is NO adhesive on the banner, it is just adhered at the ends behind the whisper white cardstock layer.

The flowers are stamped from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack and I adhered a Basic Jewel Rhinestone to the centers. The wish big stamp is from the Pennant Parade stamp set. This is an extremely versatile set that you can use for pennants, ice cream cones, birthday hats, christmas trees, etc. The Happy Birthday is stamped from Curly Cute. The Whisper White cardstock layer is run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.


Petite Pennants Builder Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Pennant Parade - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Curly Cute - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
If you can find all of these items in my Online Store.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Stamps: Pennant Parade & Curly Cute
Ink: Daffodil Delight & Calypso Coral
Paper: Domestic Goddess Designer Series Paper, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Pool Party & Whisper White cardstock
Other: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Petite Pennants Builder punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Basic Jewel Rhinestones, White baker's twine, 3/4" circle punch

No comments:

Post a Comment