Classes/Tutorials

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pinwheel Centerpieces


This is a picture of the centerpieces from our elopement celebration last weekend. I again used the Domestic Goddess Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up! The paper used for the pinwheel matched the tablecloths and dessert paper plates I purchased from iParty almost exactly. 

My original thought for purchasing the tiny picnic baskets was that I would put plastic utensils and napkins inside the picnic basket so it served a functional purpose. Let's just say between setting everything up that part never happened, but it was a good idea! At least I got the ruffled Calypso Coral ribbon tied around the handles.

The pinwheels are pretty easy to put together. I have made them before from a 2" x 2" piece of paper for a card. I doubled my size for this project and used a piece of paper at 4" x 4". I am a visual learner and there are some good videos out there and how to make a pinwheel. You begin my scoring your paper into a 'X' shape. Then you cut this 'X' shape all the way until you are about a 1/2" from the center. Then I found a good tip that you can put some snail adhesive on all the right corners and fold the corner towards the middle overlapping a little bit as you go around. After you have the pinwheel shape you can add a brad to hold it all together. I also added a small piece of cardstock before I added my brad. Since I had a bunch of small kids attending I just poked the brad through a plastic straw so this centerpiece would be kid friendly. I believe there are places online where you can buy a kit so the pinwheel can spin. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Stamps: None
Ink: None
Paper: Domestic Goddess Designer Series Paper & Calypso Coral cardstock
Other: Calypso Coral 3/8" ruffled ribbon, Printed 2010 In Color Designer Brads, plastic straw, mini picnic basket (purchased from local discount store)

1 comment:

  1. This is too cute!! I will be featuring this project on My Crafty Picks #31 with a link back to your blog on 8-28-11. Make sure to stop by on Sunday to check out all the picks and to pick up your Blog Badge for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete