Classes/Tutorials

Monday, December 19, 2011

12 Days of Christmas: Day 4


I am sorry I got off course with my Christmas ideas posts I will double up on them to get caught up this week. Between working some 10 and 12 hour days last week at my day job and two family Christmas celebrations this past weekend it was insane!

So this is a little stocking stuffer treat I made up for family. It is called a sour cream container and the only place I ever remember seeing sour cream containers like this was Wendy's when I was a kid. You could get a baked potato and add fixings from their salad bar. Anyway that is a trip down memory lane for today.

Inside my sour cream container are 5 Hershey kisses in my new addiction flavor - Dark Chocolate Mint Truffle. Yummy! It is all my friend Colleen's fault for introducing these to me at a craft fair a few weeks ago.

The instructions for this project came from our Stampin' Success magazine which is a monthly magazine you receive as a demonstrator with lots of ideas and inspiration. The sky is the limit on how you can decorate this little treat. I think it would be adorable as a favor for a bridal or baby shower.

I started with my cardstock cut to 5 1/4 x 4 1/4 then I embossed it which is optional then you roll it to form a cylinder (i.e. toilet paper holder) and adhere with sticky strip. Close one end with sticky strip fill about 2/3 full with treats then close the other end perpendicular to the bottom using sticky strip. If you leave your cardstock  plain you can crimp the edges with the crimper tool. Embellish as desired. I used some fabric and a tag.

Supplies:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Real Red
Paper: Garden Green, Real Red & Whisper White cardstock
Other: Big Shot, Snow Burst embossing folder, Candy Cane Designer Fabric, White baker's twine, Large Oval punch, Scallop Oval punch, Sticky strip

No comments:

Post a Comment