Classes/Tutorials

Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Digital Studio: ABC Book


Today was my nephew's 3rd birthday party and I saw a ABC swatchbook on Mydigitalstudio.net and knew I wanted to make one as a gift for him. This project was CASE'd from Andrea Bowden one of the My Digital Studio designers and blogger at Mydigitalstudio.net. This is the first project I have ever had printed directly with Stampin' Up! and I am very impressed.

The swatchbook's are 5 1/2 x 3 1/4 have 13 pages and you can print on the front & back so you get 26 pages total. They come printed with a clear cover on the front and back and the metal rivet to hold it all together. I thought this would be a perfect size for a 3 year old and help him learn his letters.

The My Digital Studio downloads I used are Nursery Alphabet letters & Nursery Alphabet images. 

I kept the colors on the left panels blue, red or green and I altered the colors of the images as appropriate trying not to have the left panel and the image the same color. 

Tips for swatchbooks in My Digital Studio - make sure to put your bleeds on so you can see where your rivet will be and your book margins. I also learned with this type of book you actually build your Z page on the back of  A (so the order of your book will be A, Z, B, Y, etc.) and so forth so when you get the book you have A-M on one side then you flip over for N-Z. When you preview the book in My Digital Studio your back or N-Z pages will be upside down and that is totally correct.

I am already excited to make another swatchbook - there are some pre-designed templates where you can just add your pictures and have a nice mini book for yourself or for a gift.

There is a wealth of knowledge on MyDigitalStudio.net. Also, there is a FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio in my Online Store.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
My Digital Studio software - Nursery Alphabet letters & Nursery Alphabet images downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment