Classes/Tutorials

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Herringbone Technique Birthday Card

I love how this card turned out! I saw some cards on Julie Davison's blog here and she put together a great tutorial on the Herringbone technique so I thought I would give it a try. Worked out well for the StamperswithHeART team meeting tonight as my swap card. Our theme was 'old' in colors - those are the colors that will be retiring on May 30th - Blushing Bride, Concord Crush, Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz & Peach Parfait.

I can't wait to meet the new colors for 2012-2014. If you don't know Stampin' Up! introduces five new colors every two years and those colors are current for two years. So we will always have 10 fresh colors. I love when I see the colors in fashion and say - oh look at that Pool Party top.

I chose the Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper for my card since it incorporates a few of the old in colors and got to work. The tutorial is very easy to follow and after making a few I really got the hang of it. Also, what I love is that my cards are all a little different depending on how I laid down my first strips of paper.

To finish off the card I added a stamped birthday image from Pretty Postage punched with the Postage stamp punch and layered with a 1 3/8" square punch. Looking at the card I still felt like it needed something else. So I added a piece of White baker's twine and tied a bow on as the finishing touch.

So what do you think - will you be trying this technique? I can't wait to try it for all sorts of cards - baby & Christmas are two that come to mind. I hope the StamperswithHeART love this card as much as I do!

All supplies can be purchased in my Online Store.

Happy Stampin,
Christine

Stamps: Pretty Postage
Ink: Poppy Parade & Wild Wasabi markers
Paper: Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper, Whisper White & Wild Wasabi cardstock
Other: Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, Bone folder, White baker's twine, Postage stamp punch, 1 3/8" square punch, Tabletop paper cutter, Stampin' dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment