Classes/Tutorials

Friday, March 16, 2012

Simple Baby Thank You's

A friend of a friend is expecting a little girl in a few weeks and I was asked to make a diaper cake as a gift. I got to thinking that I would also like to make her a little something. I came up with a nice set of 8 baby girl thank you's. Let's face it even if you ask for no gifts there will also be people who get you something and you need thank you's!

These cards could not be cuter or sweeter. I was inspired by a simple card we made at my upline's card club this past month. I started by stamping my thank you in Melon Mambo down in the lower right corner of my card. Why did I stamp this first? Well, I wanted to emboss the entire white layer in polka dots so I would have to stamp first then emboss second.

For the onesie image I actually cheated a bit here and cut out my framelit shape first and stamped second. This is fairly easy to do if you are using the clear mount stamps. I stamped the image in Black stazon and colored in with my markers. Then I sponged around the edge of the framelit with my Pretty in Pink ink.

All the pinks on my card coordinate really well with each other even though I used three different colors. It is very subtle between the Pink Pirouette cardstock and Pretty in Pink ribbon and markers. The touches of Melon Mambo in the sentiment and heart give the card just a tiny pop of extra color.

I hope the mom-to-be enjoys writing out these sweet thank you's.

All supplies for this card can be purchased in my Online Store or by contacting me.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Stamps: Baby Bundle, Short & Sweet
Ink: Melon Mambo & Pretty in Pink ink pads, Pretty in Pink & Melon Mambo markers, Black stazon
Paper: Whisper White & Pink Pirouette cardstock
Other: Big Shot die-cut machine, Perfect Polka dots embossing folder, Pretty in Pink 3/8" taffeta ribbon (retired), Labels collection Framelits dies, Stampin sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment