Classes/Tutorials

Monday, September 2, 2013

Kim's Baby Shower

Happy September! I hope you are enjoying the long holiday weekend. It has been very busy here with day trip activities and catching up with family and friends. Yesterday was my friend Kim's baby shower. Of course I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make something crafty for her and the guests. I totally fell in love with the Hello World Ensemble for Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio software. For $19.95 it gives you everything you need for a baby shower, but I only used a few pieces for yesterday. Also remember you don't need the My Digital Studio software to use the downloads you can open them up in software you already own on your computer.

For the banner I did not change a thing just printed out the template and cut, added some ribbon, glue dots, and staples. Easy peasy!


For the favors I printed out the template as is, but turned the project into a hybrid (using digital and traditional paper supplies) by adding Marina Mist cardstock, Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper cut with my Chalk Talk framelit (thank you Selene!), white taffeta ribbon, and some Marina Mist coloring with my marker on the little banner. The favor was inspired by Becky Roberts.


For the frame again I just printed out the template as is and cut it to size to fit in my 8 x 10 frame. I believe this frame came from Dollar Tree. I have purchased a bunch lately and I am starting to forget which is which.
Could not be easier! You can see me and my tripod in the glass of the frame. I guess next time I should take the picture a different way. LOL


For part of my gift to Kim I made her a dozen thank you notecards. I kept the design super simple sorry that the picture did not come out better. I used the Chalk Talk stamp set and stamped with Whisper White craft ink on Basic Black cardstock then cut out with the coordinating Chalk Talk framelit. I cut out the hearts with my Fashionable Hearts Embosslits die using scrap of the Designer Series Paper from the favors. I used three hearts in total putting a small one on the inside of the card in the bottom right corner and adding a large one to the back of the envelope. I also added one rhinestone on the heart on the card. If you don't already know the Whisper White notecards come with envelopes 20 to a pack for $5.95 and they are cut and scored for you. What a great deal!


Let me know if you have any questions on these projects. I hope I inspired you to make something crafty. More details on the products used can be found in my Online Store.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Hello World Ensemble Digital Download # 133528
Glue dots # 103683 
Whisper White 3/8" taffeta ribbon # 109070
Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper # 126902
Marina Mist 8.5 x 11 cardstock # 119682
Dimensionals # 104430
Marina Mist marker # 119679
Chalk Talk Clear bundle # 132730
Fashionable Hearts Embosslit die # 125596
Whisper White Notecards & Envelopes # 131527
Basic Rhinestones Jewel accents # 119246
Whisper White Craft pad # 101731

No comments:

Post a Comment