Classes/Tutorials

Sunday, January 17, 2016

January 2016 Paper Pumpkin - Cute Conversations Frame


I hope you are having a nice weekend. I was at a retirement party on Friday evening and came home late to find my orange Paper Pumpkin box in my mailbox. Woo-hoo! Happy Mail!!! I really enjoy the surprise every month of knowing my kit is on its way and having no idea what will be inside. Historically January kits have been Valentine's Day projects and this kit does not disappoint. I have to open the box right away to take a quick peek at the project. The kit this month has 30 hearts & accessories use can use to create treat pouches and banners or think outside the box and use for other crafty projects. I was excited as I had some down time today to create!

The frame above is the first project I made with this kit this month adding only 1 piece of Whisper White cardstock cut to 8 x 10 to fit my frame and lots of glue dots to hold down my sequins. I enjoy creating decor projects for my home and my office at work. This frame is already up on the wall between my kitchen & dining room. 

Christine's tips: Using glue dots with sequins creates less mess than using Multipurpose Adhesive or our Fine Tip glue pen. I lined up all the sequins before I added the glue dots to make sure I could judge the perfect placement on my project. The pink thread attaching the banner is the string left from removing the sequins. Don't throw those coordinating pieces away - use them up on your projects!

I was so busy creating earlier today that I have four more days of Paper Pumpkin posts to share with you this week. Interested in receiving your own orange box of crafty goodness each month? Now is a great time to sign up for Paper Pumpkin since it is Sale-A-Bration and you can earn a free item with any $50 Stampin' Up! order and Paper Pumpkin is on sale! To learn more about Paper Pumpkin visit https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en-us/


I hope my project inspires you to make something crafty.

Stamps: January 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit Cute Conversations
Ink: Watermelon Wonder (ink is included in the kit)
Paper: Whisper White cardstock
Other: 8 x 10 frame from local store, Mini glue dots, hole punch

Happy Stampin',
Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment