Classes/Tutorials

Monday, January 18, 2016

January 2016 Paper Pumpkin - Cute Conversations Bag


So I wrote a whole blog post about today's project during my lunch break at work today and left the file on my work computer. Ack! Oh well, I think I remember most of what I wrote. 

One of the wonderful things about the Paper Pumpkin kit is you can think outside the box and use the items in the kit with items in your Stampin' Up! stash. When I saw that the paper Designer Series Paper hearts were the same size as the Sketched Dots Tag a Bag Gift Bags I had the idea to make a cute treat bag. This would make a cute party favor or way to package a small gift. The Sketched Dots Tag a Bag Gift Bags are an affordable value at 10 in a pack for only $4. If you have a party coming up and need favors now is a perfect time to shop for supplies. During Sale-A-Bration you get a free item with every $50 order. 

Confession time as soon as I opened the kit this month I had to add candy conversation hearts to my grocery shopping list. 

Christine's Tip: To create the You're Mine sentiment I used my Watermelon Wonder marker to ink up the Mine from the Be Mine stamp and then added the You're above. Using this technique of omitting part of the stamp your stamps can go further as you can create your own custom sentiments. This technique works really well with the Photopolymer stamps as you can see through them. How many creative sentiments can you come up with the stamps in the kit?

I hope this inspires you to make something crafty. Let me know if you have any questions.

Stamps, Paper & Accessories: January 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit Cute Conversations
Ink: Watermelon Wonder marker
Other: Sketched Dots Tag a Bag Gift Bags, Mini glue dots, Candy conversation hearts

Happy Stampin',
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment