Classes/Tutorials

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Sneak Peek! Cookie Cutter Halloween Skeleton Tag

Cookie Cutter Halloween Skeleton tag
Cookie Cutter Halloween Skeleton Tag

Oh my goodness! I have been having so much fun making some projects with my new holiday catalog preorder items. I wanted to share an adorable and easy peasy Halloween project today. Halloween is two months from today! Eek! I better get cracking on some more Halloween projects.

As soon as I saw the Cookie Cutter bundle (Christmas stamp and coordinating punch) it went to the top of my wish list. Imagine my surprise when I looked further in the catalog and there was a Halloween Cookie Cutter stamp too! The little guys are just too cute. There is a skeleton, scarecrow, vampire, and mummy plus some coordinating items in the stamp set. Oh my! One quick reminder you can start ordering from the catalog tomorrow September 1st.

I decided to create this skeleton tag since I saw it shared by another demonstrator on a Facebook group. She shared it as an option to make for kids, but I love it for myself. I couldn't resist making a tag to hand from my tote bag which I use as my purse daily. This project is easy peasy and can involve the kiddos.

Here are the steps:
1. Stamp two skeletons in Memento black ink on Whisper White cardstock (see tip below)
2. Punch images out with Cookie Cutter Builder Punch
3. Glue images back to back with Multipurpose Liquid Glue
4. Adhere punched image to two pieces of clear packing tape
5. Trim around edges of image with Paper Snips to remove excess packing tape (adults should handle the snips - these small scissors are sharp!)
6. Punch hole at top of skeleton with hole punch (I used my retired cropadile)
7. Thread through book ring (what I had on hand) or ball chain
8. Add to bag, purse, backpack

Christine's Tip: To save on cardstock when I am punching my images I pre-cut my cardstock in 1.5 inch strips perfect for stamping and it is less mess and wasted cardstock.

I linked the products I used on the card below. Let me know if you have any questions.

Happy Stampin',
Christine
Supplies:
Stamps: Cookie Cutter Halloween (available 9/1)
Other: Cookie Cutter Builder Punch (available 9/1), Paper Snips, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Clear Packing tape, Book ring

No comments:

Post a Comment