Classes/Tutorials

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Happy Grandparents Day! Jar of Love card

Jar of Love Stampin' Up!
Jar of Love Stampin' Up!
I find myself pretty fortunate at almost 40 to have a living grandparent. My grandmother is almost 99 and today I joined some family members to visit her at her place for Grandparents Day. The facility she lives in puts on a huge spread with food, music, face painting, etc. The best gift I can bring is a beautiful handmade card and a visit.

I chose to pull out my Jar of Love stamp set to make a vase of flowers card to bring her today. She loves flowers and usually has quite a few plants/fresh flowers in her apartment at all times. The inspiration in the colors of this card came from a funny item. Hubby & I were getting ice cream at a local place a few weeks ago and I snapped a photo of the cup from his frappe - the colors were green, purple, and yellow. I immediately thought of purple & yellow flowers with green stems! Do you take photos on your phone of items for inspiration too?

Christine's tip: The flower images are two stepped stamped. I found it easiest to stamp the darker/middle section first in full strength and then I stamped off with the larger flower image to get the softer color. This is of course easy to do since the stamp set comes in Photopolymer so you can see through it.

Let me know if you have any questions. I am loving all the stamp sets in the holiday catalog that coordinate with the Everyday Jars Framelits Dies. You can purchase the items I used on this card in my Online Store. I have linked the products below. Don't forget if you purchase the Jar of Love stamp set & Everyday Jars Framelits Dies as a bundle you save 10%.

Don't forget about the current Stampin' Up! promotions:

Special Offers through 9/21 - save 25% on items in my Online Store:

SpecialOffers_Banner_Demo_Sept2016_NA

Paper Pumpkin monthly subscription BOGO sale through 10/10:

PP_BOGO_Demo-Current

Supplies:
Stamps: Jar of Love
Ink: Sweet Sugarplum, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Smoky Slate
Paper: Sweet Sugarplum cardstock & Whisper White cardstock
Other: Big Shot, Everyday Jar Framelits Dies, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Stampin Dimensionals, Fast Fuse Adhesive, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Happy Stampin',
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment