Classes/Tutorials

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Hello December 2016 Advent Calendar

Hello December 2016 Stampin' Up!
Hello December 2016 Stampin' Up!
I hope you have been enjoying your weekend. I just got home from an amazing Holiday Catalog rollout extravaganza where we made 16 holiday cards with 4 stamp sets. I had so much fun! If you live local and want to see the projects we stamped I would love to meet for coffee to show you. There is still plenty of time for holiday card making.

Part of the afternoon includes a challenge to bring a display board to share. I love challenges! It is always wonderful to see what everyone designs and how our styles are different. Well, I happened to receive my Stampin' Success magazine within the past week and a project in that magazine caught my eye and I knew I had to copy it for my challenge project. Luckily I had already had most of the products on hand. Stampin' Success is a magazine sent to every Stampin' Up! demonstrator quarterly with project ideas and business tips. If you join my stamping team it is one of the perks you would receive.

So, a little about my advent calendar. It features the 2016 Hello December card collection & accessory pack. The card collection features 71 cards in two sizes 4x6 and 3x4. The accessory pack features a stamp set, 20 2x2 cards, 7 acetate specialty cards, lots of stickers, tree wood shapes, thread, paper clips, and washi tape. I kept my project simple and only used a few additional products - circle punch, gold binder clips, and clothespins (on sale in the clearance rack!). You could put the cards into pockets or cello bags to add a treat or small gift if you want to keep the advent calendar up for the month of December. I made this project for a display and I am going to put into an album so I did not add the pockets or cello bags. I had made the chicken wire frame awhile ago.

I do have a little confession I need to tell you as you might notice on some of my cards they have a kraft polka dot background. Well, I had started working on another project a few weeks ago. I had adhered all 31 of my beautiful red foil date stickers to the december cards in the kit alternating between kraft & white. Well, in order to use those numbers for this project I had to deconstruct my cards by punching the numbers out with a circle punch. So I now have 25 cards with holes in the middle of them! I thought you might like to see them:


I am holding memory keeping workshops if you are interested in learning more let me know. I am excited to teach you how to get those photos off your phone and computer or out of boxes and into albums to preserve them for years to come. I know I myself am guilty of having lots of family photos on my phone and in boxes as well. So we can go on a memory keeping journey together.

I have linked the products I used on this project below. Let me know if you have any questions. I hope you are inspired to check out our memory keeping products and get started today preserving your every day moments and special events.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Hello December 2016 Project Life Card Collection, Hello December 2016 Project Life Accessory Pack, 1 1/4 Circle punch, Gold binder clips, Clothespins, Mini Glue Dots, Fast Fuse Adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment