Classes/Tutorials

Friday, January 6, 2017

New SAB & Occasions Catalog Projects

So I have been busy this week preparing for today’s post. Stampin’ Up! home office recently announced a call for display stampers for April’s Onstage. Since I was a display stamper back in November I knew I had to try for it again. A funny thing happened back at Onstage in November. I already knew the weekend Onstage was happening in April I would be away on my annual vacation with my husband in New Orleans. It is a favorite place of ours to visit and we eloped there while vacationing in 2011. So I knew the only feasible way I could go to Onstage was if there was one in Louisiana. Imagine my surprise when the locations were announced on the big screen and I saw the words Shreveport. Oh my goodness! I thought it was karma and I asked Mike as soon as I got home about taking a side trip during our vacation. Not a pleasant conversation, but he knows how passionate I am about Stampin’ Up. So here I am submitting the projects below for consideration to be a display stamper for Shreveport Onstage in April.

I had to make six projects in total – three cards, two 3D projects, and one scrapbook page.
I used the Carried Away Designer Series Paper (available for FREE when you place a $50 order during Sale-A-Bration) and the coordinating Lift Me Up Bundle for the cards and 3D projects. I made a quick Project Life scrapbook page keeping with the theme of hot air balloons.

For the cards I used the monochromatic papers and paired it with the coordinating color cardstock. I also cut my Designer Series Paper to 3” by 4”. There is no waste if you cut your 12” by 12” Designer Series Paper that size. Here are the cards:




For my 3D projects I decided to make a gift card holder from a glassine bag and a gift box set with mini cards. For the gift card measurements of the Designer Series Paper is 2” by 11” and the banner is 1" by 3.5". I stamped the cloud word in Smoky Slate and cut it out with the cupcake top thinlit and layered it over the Watermelon words. For the gift box the DSP adhered to the box is 2.5" by 2.5" and the cards are 2.5” by 2.5” so they fit inside the box. The DSP layered on the cards is 2 3/8" by 2 3/8". Here are the 3D projects:



For my scrapbook page I printed some photos at Walgreens and created a simple Project Life page with some photos from a small hot air balloon festival we went to back in August in Connecticut. Here is my page:


I hope you enjoyed this post. I certainly had fun playing with my new supplies while creating these samples. Let me know if you have any questions about the projects.

Happy Stampin’,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment