Classes/Tutorials

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Easter Pencil Treats

The sun is shining brightly this morning so it makes me forget that it snowed here yesterday. Hopefully the snow is gone in the next few days as we should hit 50 degrees. What does this all mean? Spring is here and Easter will be right around the corner. I always like to make some treats that don't involve candy.



I showed this pencil treat for Valentine's Day. These are fairly simple to make:
- Cut your cardstock to 2" x 11" (you can get 4 from one piece of 8.5" x 11") and score at 6.5 & 6 7/8
- Cut your Designer Series Paper to 1 3/4 x 6 1/8 and 1 3/4 x 3 7/8
- Adhere DSP to cardstock shorter piece in the front and longer piece in the inside. You could do another longer piece for the back, but I kept it just cardstock
- Punch a hole with a 1" circle punch in the bottom section only about 1/2" down from the top
- Add sticky strip above the punched hole and adhere to the back
- Add your pencils you could also add a pencil & lollipop but I was going for a non-candy item
- Add your ribbon around and tie in a knot or bow

I did use mostly retired products in making these. The ribbons are currently available in my Online Store in the Clearance Rack for amazing prices.

If you are local I am selling these for $2 each. They come in green, yellow, blue or pink as shown.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Supplies:
Stamps: Year Round Fun II (retired)
Ink: Black Stazon, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, Pink Pirouette markers
Paper: Delicate Dots DSP (retired)
Other: 1 3/4 scallop circle punch, 1 3/8 circle punch, 1 1/4 circle punch, Ribbon Bundle (retired), Pink Pirouette 5/8 striped grosgrain ribbon (retired), pencils (local dollar store)

No comments:

Post a Comment