Classes/Tutorials

Friday, April 22, 2011

Petal Cone Carrots


This carrot treat made out of the petal cone die was demonstrated at the Regional event back in March. I thought it was perfect to make a bunch for Easter and put a little bunny inside. I have seen these all over blogs the past few weeks filled with lots of different treats.

These go together very quickly. Half a sheet of Pumpkin Pie 8.5 x 11 cardstock then a small piece of Old Olive for the scallop top part. Then a small piece of Whisper White for the banner. All three of the pieces come in the Petal Cone die for the Big Shot. You cut off one of the top flaps then adhere along the side with sticky strip. 

I decided to add a bit of texture to the front so ran through my Big Shot with the Perfect Polka dot embossing folder before adhering. I also decided to add a faux bow with my 1/4" Old Olive ribbon & bitty button. Can you also see that my banner is curled? You can get this effect by curling your paper using your bone folder like you are curling ribbon for a gift.

Supplies:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Old Olive
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Whisper White
Other: Big Shot, Petal Cone die, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, bitty button, linen thread

No comments:

Post a Comment