Classes/Tutorials

Monday, September 12, 2011

Gifts for Coworkers

I made up these super simple little treats for some of my coworkers. I am traveling on business this week and I get to meet some of these ladies for the first time. This is my little thank you to them for all their help the past several months. I transitioned to a new department at the end of May and they have all been helping me adjust. This week is my formal training so hopefully I will feel more comfortable when I get back.

Both of the ideas I CASE'd from other Stampin' Up! demonstrators. The hand sanitizer idea came from Kimberly Van Diepen. I put these together super quick using the new Simply Scored Tool. You cut a piece of cardstock 2 by 11 (you can get four from one sheet!) then you score at 1/2", 1 1/2", 3 1/2", 4 1/2", 7 1/2" and 8 1/2". You then should crease your score lines with a bone folder. You then punch out an oval in between the 1/2" and 1 1/2" mark. Then you adhere a line of sticky strip on the 1/2" part and stick it to the inside to make a box. It should be obvious if you stand it up - you can even put the hand sanitizer inside to see how it will come together. I kept the design simple using just plain cardstock, but you can also stamp an image on your cardstock or emboss with the Big Shot. The stamp just for you is from Just Believe and the Designer Series Paper is Paisley Petals. Bath and Body Works for the mini hand sanitizers for $1 - the one I visited had some yummy flavors for Fall.

The mini chocolate bar idea came from Becky Roberts. I just wrapped a piece of the Paisley Petals cardstock cut to 2 x 5 around each mini candy. Then I tied two together with Cherry Cobbler seam binding. I added the stamped tags with some linen thread. I put a few of our pearls to the stamped images. They are stamped with Tiny Tags and punched out with the coordinating jewelry tag punch.

I hope the ladies like my little treats. If you would like to purchase any of the items to make these treats take a look at my Online Store.

Happy Stampin!,
Christine

Supplies:
Stamps: Just Believe, Tiny Tags
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Whisper White cardstock & Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper
Other: Simply Scored scoring tool, Decorative Label punch, 1 3/8 & 1 1/4 circle punches, word window punch, jewelry tag punch, Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, linen thread, Basic pearls jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment