Classes/Tutorials

Monday, January 21, 2013

Spring Color Challenge ~ Thinking of You Card

I saw a spring color challenge on my friend Selene's blog here and decided to play along. How fun is that! Unfortunately it is not fun news that I needed to make this card. A coworker of mine just lost her sister and I wanted to mail a nice card to her home. When is the last time YOU mailed a card to a family member or friend? If it hasn't been a while add it to your to-do list. I have another thinking of you card to go postal this week.

I like sending thinking of you cards since it can cover a vary of situations. Inside the card YOU can personalize the message to your liking.

The color combination was Regal Rose, Rose Red, So Saffron, and Always Artichoke. I have to admit these are not my favorite colors, but I am very happy with how the card turned out. What do YOU think? I also laughed out loud at the color combo since I just ordered flowers for the services from the company last week and guess what? One of the baskets I ordered was yellows, pinks and a touch of purple with greens. Very similar to Selene's combination.

I am going to challenge myself to be inspired by colors when I am out & about around town. I'm sure I can come up with some great ideas by just window shopping at some of my favorite places. Always having my cell phone with me I can even snap a quick picture so I remember what inspired me.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Stamps: Nature Walk & Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Regal Rose, Rose Red, So Saffron, & Always Artichoke markers
Paper: Whisper White, Rose Red, & So Saffron cardstock
Other: Linen thread, Always Artichoke seam binding

1 comment: