Classes/Tutorials

Monday, February 25, 2013

Butterfly Thinking of You card


This is a quick and easy thinking of you card I mailed to a friend a few weeks ago. I have been super busy working on a fundraiser for my day job at a non-profit so I haven't had a lot of extra time the past few weeks to stamp much. I am happy to report that the fundraiser was very successful and now I can catch up on my stamp time!

I really love the color scheme on this card as I fell in love with Calypso Coral when it first came out. I think the baja breeze cardstock and ink softens the card up. What do you think? I look at this card in the middle of a very cold, snowy weather and it cheers me up. I hope it cheered up the recipient when she opened the envelope!

I also noticed how my stamping is kind of crooked on this card and I left it that way. A handmade card is a special treasure and this card shows that you do not need to be absolutely perfect when you are stamping. 

The butterflies are adhered with just a glue dot so you can turn the edges of the wings up just a little and pretend they are in flight. I added just a touch of bling with the rhinestones in the middle of the butterflies.

I'll be back to share another project real soon!

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Stamps: Curly Cute
Ink: Baja Breeze marker
Paper: Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze, Whisper White cardstock
Other: Calypso Coral 3/8" ruffled ribbon, Big Shot, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Rhinestone basic jewels, 1 3/8 circle punch

No comments:

Post a Comment