Classes/Tutorials

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


I saw a Shamrock treat holder on Mary Fish's blog earlier this week that inspired me to make a few of these treat holders for some special ladies in my life. I kept the treat nice and simple since I whipped them up very quickly before I spent the afternoon yesterday making pasta with family. I don't normally make St. Patrick's Day treats or cards, but I wish I had more time to embellish these treats. I need to start earlier next time!

This is what the inside looks like:


You can fit a square chocolate or in my case I put three samples of organic beauty products for my family members to try or share with a friend.

The measurements for the DSP is 9 3/4 x 3 1/2 scored on each side at 3 1/4. You cut off a triangle on the right side piece to make the pocket. I adhered the bottom part of the pocket with Sticky Strip. 

I used scraps of the same DSP to make my shamrock on the front with three hearts from the Heart Embosslits for the Big Shot. Adding a rhinestone in the middle for some bling.

The white cardstock piece is cut out from the Labels Collection Framelits for the Big Shot. The ribbon I used is the 1/4" white taffeta and I used about 16" adhered with two glue dots to hold it in place.

I decided today to start on some Easter projects since Easter is only two weeks away. Hope you found some time this weekend for crafting.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Stamps: None
Ink: None
Paper: Designer Series Paper Patterns Stack - Subtles Collection and Whisper White cardstock
Other: Big Shot, Fashionable Hearts Embosslits die, Labels Collection Framelits dies, Basic Rhinestones Jewel accents, Whisper White 1/4" stitched grosgrain ribbon, glue dots, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment