Classes/Tutorials

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!


Here is a simple treat made using the Two Tags Die for the Big Shot. You could easily change it up for any occasion and they go together pretty quickly.

Start with a piece of cardstock 8.5 x 2.5 then score in half at 4.25 on your Simply Score board. Run through your Big Shot on the skinny Two Tags die that looks like a bookmark. Tip: Make sure you put the folded cardstock above the cut line on the die as you want to make a little folder to adhere your candy or treat inside. 

Then take your 3/4" circle punch to punch a handle at the top center - you will need this hole to tie your ribbon. Then stamp your image with a Versamark pad creating a custom background - that creates a nice watermark look - use can stamp as much or as little as you want. You could add DSP here if you prefer.

I used about 12" for my ribbon bow.

For the tag I used the coordinating colors from my stamped image. I decided to match the ribbon and tag base the same color Pretty in Pink. Then I just played around with the coordinating colors. I used my markers for the stamped image.

Inside my treat is an egg shaped York peppermint patty treat. Yum! I added some snail adhesive inside and stuck my treat in to hold it in place. I decided to use the egg stamp since my treat is egg shaped. How cute is that! I got 16 treats from one bag of Yorks which is four pieces of cardstock and a pretty economical favor.

Hope you have a wonderful Easter or Passover with your family and friends.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Stamps: Spring Sampler
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Pretty in Pink, Pool Party markers, Versamark pad
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Pretty in Pink, Pool Party, Whisper White cardstock
Other: Big Shot, Two Tags Die, 3/4 circle punch, 7/8 scallop circle punch, 1 1/4 circle punch, 1 3/8 circle punch, dimensionals, linen thread, Pretty in Pink 1/4" stitched grosgrain ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment