Classes/Tutorials

Sunday, October 6, 2013

31 Halloween Projects: Witches Frame

Thanks for visiting today! So sorry for not posting much this week. I am going to post twice a day until I get caught up with sharing a project a day for Halloween this month. I was extremely busy with my day job this week. I work for a nonprofit and we are fundraising $2 million for a brand new $6 million state of the art building. I also had my first fall fair yesterday so I was busy preparing for that event. I am happy to report that it was a beautiful fall day yesterday to sit outside and I met some really wonderful people.

So, one of the items I have playing around with for a few months are frames decorated with Stampin' Up! products. If you didn't already realize home decor is huge right now. I love going to Pottery Barn and walking around the store to get ideas. Then since I am pretty frugal I figure a way to recreate a cute project less expensively. It is like a challenge for me and I love to do it!

Another Stampin' Up! demonstrator shared a frame project a few weeks ago. So I go on the hunt (sorry hubby LOL) to find the exact frame she used. They came from Walmart which I hate (no offense if you like it) around my area there are some nicer ones. The project takes only about 10 minutes to make since you cut the DSP to size to fit the frame 4 7/8" x 12". Insert into frame then stamp the sentiment. Add your ribbon through the edge of the frame and tie in a bow. Add your sentiment to a coordinating piece of cardstock. Poke your holes in the corner and add some linen thread to string your sentiment to your frame. The frame makes a wonderful home decor piece for Halloween.

You can find all the supplies (listed below) to make this project in my Online Store.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Stamps: Halloween Bash Clear Mount # 130580
Ink: Basic Black marker # 100082 and Pumpkin Pie marker # 105115
Paper: Witches Brew Designer Series Paper # 132185, Very Vanilla 8.5 x 11 cardstock # 101650, Basic Black 8.5 x 11 cardstock # 121045
Other: Pumpkin Pie taffeta ribbon # 119253, Linen thread # 104199, Multipurpose Liquid Glue # 110755, Frame (Walmart)

No comments:

Post a Comment