Classes/Tutorials

Monday, February 22, 2016

Super Simple Sympathy


I made this card for a coworker on my team who just had a death in her family. I brought the card to work today to give to her to find another girl on my team had a very unexpected loss this weekend. Yikes! I will be stamping another sympathy card this week.

I kept the card very simple and let the stamps do the talking. The large rose stamp in Rose Wonder is beautiful and fills up the card front on its own. I looked at my inks and for some reason gray and yellow felt right for a subtle sympathy so I went with it. I used a Sponge dauber to add ink lightly to the stamped image which reminds me of an old Stampin’ Up! technique called Poppin’ Pastels. We don’t sell the pastels any more, but this card is a great example of how to use your ink in a unique way. You could even add multiple colors.

Christine’s Tip: Bundle and save! Buy these two coordinating products (Rose Wonder stamp set and Rose Garden Thinlits dies) and save 15%. 


Supplies:
Stamps: Rose Wonder
Ink: Old Olive, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Whisper White cardstock
Other: Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Rose Garden Thinlits dies, Sponge dauber, Multipurpose liquid glue

I’ll be sharing a birthday card I created later this week, some baby items I am working on and another sympathy card.

I hope this post inspires you to make something crafty this week!

Happy Stampin’,
Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment