Classes/Tutorials

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Baby Girl Congrats Card


So I have a funny story of how this cute baby girl congratulations card came about. My co-worker Connie told me months ago she was going to be a first-time grandma as her daughter was pregnant. I have been anticipating the day and knew I needed to make her a card. Well, the other day she came in and told me the latest scoop. Her daughter is young and has had a very healthy pregnancy so she had her second ultrasound at 9 months pregnant to find out she was having a boy instead of a girl! Ack! So hence I need to make a boy version of this card which I will share with you next week. They are super excited and were able to return some of the girly items they previously purchased.

So for the details of the card. First of all I love the colors with the soft Smoky Slate and the pretty pops of Flirty Flamingo. The card came together very quickly as I knew I wanted to use the super cute A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack and the Baby's First Framelits Dies (onesie and flower). I added a sentiment and a few embellishments and voila it was done in minutes. The baker's twine which I put across the top of the onesie to mimic a clothesline is from the July 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit. The enamel dot is from 2016-2018 in color enamel shapes.

Christine's Tip: The Magnetic Platform for the Big Shot die cutting machine is essential when using framelits. I was able to line up my heart designer series paper and crop it out perfectly with the onesie framelit. 

You can find all the products I used to make this card in my Online Store.

I hope this card inspires you to make something crafty. You could certainly change the onesie to another shape to create a different card in a snap.

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:
Stamps: Balloon Celebration
Ink: Flirty Flamingo
Paper: A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack, Smoky Slate & Flirty Flamingo cardstock

Other: Big Shot, Baby's First Framelits Dies, 2016-2018 In Color Enamel Shapes, Flirty Flamingo twine from July 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit, Stampin dimensionals, Mini glue dots, Snail adhesive, Multipurpose liquid glue


No comments:

Post a Comment