Classes/Tutorials

Saturday, October 22, 2016

12 Days of Halloween - Day 7 - Mummy Tiny Treat Box

Cookie Cutter Halloween Stampin Up
Cookie Cutter Halloween Stampin Up
I'm back today to share my 7th post in my Halloween series. The weather the latter half of this week has been rainy which has made taking photos of my projects challenging. My go to place has been photographing on my back deck. I need to start planning ahead for when we get snow since that will be impossible. 

I am blogging at the library this morning since we are heading out of town to celebrate my mother-in-law's 70th birthday for the rest of this weekend, but I had some time yesterday and this morning to make a few projects to share.

I made two of these mummy boxes for my in-laws and our aunt who we will be visiting with over the weekend. I CASE'd (Copy & Share Everything) a box my friend Selene made for me last month at her holiday catalog rollout event. Since I was giving one to my mother-in-law I had to use the mummy stamp from Cookie Cutter Halloween as the focal point. Get it? A mummy for mummy!

Want directions to make this project?
1. Stamp the mummy on Whisper White cardstock in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and punch out with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch
2. Color your mummy with a Crumb Cake ink pad and blender pen to make him look a bit aged and wrapped like a mummy
3. Stamp the skeleton on Silver Foil paper with a Black Stazon pad and punch out with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch
4. Punch out a bow tie in Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper from the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch & add to the mummy with a glue dot
5. Cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock 4 1/8" square then score at 1" on all 4 sides. Cut two score lines on each side of the box and adhere to make the box bottom.
6. Cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock 2" x 7". Score the box at 2" then punch the non-scored side with the Scallop Tag Topper punch.
7. Glue the bottom of the tag to the bottom of the square box so it becomes the back of the box.
8. Cut a piece of Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper 1" x 2" and add across the middle of the box back.
9. Add your mummy with a Stampin' Dimensional.
10. Add two glue dots to the skeleton one on his hand and one on his foot and add to the box so he is peeking out.
11. Fill a Clear Tiny Treat Box with candy. (eyeballs came from Dollar Tree)
12. Add Halloween Night Baker's Twine around your box and you're done

Let me know if you have any questions. I linked the products I used below.

I hope you find some time to be crafty this weekend!

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment