Classes/Tutorials

Thursday, December 1, 2016

12 Days of Christmas – Day 1 – Ghirardelli Treats

Stampin Up Candy Cane Christmas
Stampin Up Candy Cane Christmas
Happy December! Over the next 12 days I will be sharing 12 projects perfect for stocking stuffers or small treats for coworkers, teachers, hairdressers, bank tellers, etc. It is always nice to be able to offer a little surprise to make someone’s day.

I whipped up 19 of these treats last night in no time. I had been shopping at BJ’s Wholesale Club over the weekend and a giant bag of 38 Ghirardelli peppermint bark candies jumped into my cart. The sad part for me is after I made the nineteen treats I realized they would be perfect for several other occasions this month so I will have to go back and get two more bags.

The Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper coordinates beautifully with the coloring in the peppermint bark treats so these came together in no time. I need to thank my friend Gina for the idea. She had shared an example at our last Stampers with Heart team meeting so that is where I got the idea.

Want to make this project? Here are the steps:
1.      Cut your Designer Series Paper into 2” x 6” strips (you can get 12 from 1 piece of 12” x 12” paper). I found this size was perfect to wrap around two treats and there was no waste.
2.      Stamp your greeting onto 2” strips of Whisper White cardstock
3.      Punch out your greeting with the Decorative Label Punch
4.      Put a small amount of Fast Fuse Adhesive on the middle reverse side of your Designer Series Paper to tack one candy square and wrap it the paper around two Ghirardelli squares. I found it was easiest to wrap toward the bottom first and then my seam was at the bottom.
5.      Adhere the ends of the paper with Multipurpose Liquid glue. A little bit really goes a long way with the glue.
6.      Add two Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the punched out sentiment.
7.      Add your sentiment to the treats

You can find the products I used on my project in my Online Store. If you would like to place an order with me here is the link.

There is a huge year end close-out sale going on now through January 3, 2017. If you are shopping for yourself or a crafty person on your list this is a great time to find a good deal. Let me know if you have any questions. Stamps part of the sale are guaranteed until 12/21, but accessories are while supplies last!

Happy Stampin’,
Christine

Supplies for this project:
Stamps: Candy Cane Christmas
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper, Whisper White Cardstock
Other: Decorative Label Punch, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Fast Fuse Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment