Classes/Tutorials

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

12 Days of Christmas - Day 2 - Gift Card Holder

Stampin Up Tin of Tags
Stampin Up Tin of Tags Gift Card Holder
I'm back tonight to share my second project in my 12 days of holiday gift ideas. December has gotten off to a busy start with holiday parties, shopping, and decorating. We got our first record-able snow (only about 1") yesterday morning during the morning drive to work which was fun too! Luckily I left super early (alarm went off at 5:30am) and I made it in just fine. I had an important meeting starting at 8:00am so I had to make sure I arrived on time.

I'm not sure about you, but I usually give a few gift cards throughout the holiday season. This one is a snap to make out of one glassine gift bag and a scrap of 12 x 12 designer series paper. Add a few coordinating embellishments and you are done! We made this gift card holder at our last Stampers with Heart team meeting and I really loved the final result.

Want to make this project?
1. Fold a glassine gift bag in half from bottom to top.
2. Cut a strip of Designer Series Paper 2" x 12" & wrap around bag overlapping seams in the back. Tip: I found it was helpful to tack the paper to the front with some Fast Fuse adhesive.
3. Punch a 2" circle from a piece of Copper foil & attach to gift card front.
4. Wrap Emerald Envy Baker's Twine around the gift card holder center three times then tie in a knot. Attach the mini pinecone then tie in a knot again then tie a bow.
5. Punch a 1 3/4" circle from Whisper White cardstock.
6. Stamp your sentiment in Emerald Envy ink then attach with glue dots.
7. Cut a piece of Emerald Envy cardstock 4 1/4" x 3 1/2" and add to pocket.

I'll be back tomorrow to share my third project. I hope you'll come back to check it out!

There is a huge close-out sale going on right now in my Online Store. If you would like to place an order with me click here to check out the bargains! The Tin of Tags stamp set & Designer Series Paper I used on this project are included in the sale!

Happy Stampin',
Christine

Supplies for this project:
Stamps: Tin of Tags
Ink: Emerald Envy
Paper: Presents & Pinecones Designer Series Paper, Whisper White cardstock, Emerald Envy cardstock, Copper Foil Sheets
Other: Glassine Gift Bags, Emerald Envy Baker's Twine, Mini Pinecones, 2" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Fast Fuse Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment