|Stampin Up - Tasty Trucks|
This week is going to be all about Sale-A-Bration projects. I have a few sneak peeks to show you before Sale-A-Bration starts Wednesday. I couldn't wait to pre-earn the Tasty Trucks stamp set as I'm a big food truck fan. For any $50 order you will be able to earn the Tasty Truck stamp set for free. I live in Lowell, Massachusetts and in the nice weather we have several outdoor festivals including food trucks. My favorite Lowell truck is Spiceventure and my favorite Boston truck is Roxy's Grilled Cheese.
Today's project was one I worked on over the weekend for a creative challenge. My card didn't turn out quite like I planned, but it fit the bill.
Want to make this card? Here are the instructions:
1. Score a piece of Smoky Slate 8.5" x 11" cardstock in half at 4.25" on the 8.5" side and then cut it at 5.5" on the 11" side to get two card bases. Put one card base away for another project.
2. Cut a piece of Watermelon Wonder cardstock 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
3. Cut a piece of Watercolor Paper 3 3/4" x 5"
4. Stamp the truck image onto the Watercolor Paper with Smoky Slate ink
5. Stamp the banner image onto the truck below the canopy with Smoky Slate ink
6. Stamp three cupcakes on the shelf area of the truck window with Smoky Slate ink
7. Squeeze the middle of your Smoky Slate ink pad several times to pool some ink on the lid of the ink pad. Then take an Aquapainter and color the top and bottom of the truck and the ground underneath the truck.
8. Squeeze the middle of your Watermelon Wonder ink pad several times to pool some ink on the lid of the ink pad. Then take an Aquapainter and color the middle of the truck, cupcake bottoms, and canopy.
9. Take your Smoky Slate marker and color in the trim and wheels of the truck
10. Take your Watermelon Wonder marker and color in the banner and centers of the canopy. Also stamp your greeting in the bottom right corner of the card.
11. Once the truck is completely dry, run the watercolor paper layer through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot embossing folder
12. Paint the cupcake tops with a clear wink of stella brush
13. Adhere your layers together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue
14. Add two rhinestones as the wheel covers on the truck
Let me know if you have any questions about this project. I'll be back again tomorrow to share another Sale-A-Bration sneak peek!
Stamps: Tasty Trucks (available to earn for free 1/4/17)
Ink: Smoky Slate ink pad, Watermelon Wonder ink pad, Smoky Slate & Watermelon Wonder markers
Paper: Smoky Slate cardstock, Watermelon Wonder cardstock, Watercolor paper
Other: Big Shot, Polka Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Aquapainters, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, Multipurpose Liquid Glue